Are you a DevOps or Systems Engineer who can’t wait to make actual impact and be part of a growing engineering team? Seek no more, VONQ offers it all! We do cool stuff, like building a flagship product, tools and APIs that serve global customers. Are you up for the challenge? Apply at VONQ and make things happen!DevOps / Systems EngineerRotterdam, fulltime position (32 - 40), ASAP
Life as a DevOps / Systems Engineer at VONQ’s Engineering team
Let’s start by saying that you will be leading critical platform development efforts and get your hands dirty in the design, implementation and testing of various infrastructure services that are used by our development teams.
We are a growing (engineering) organisation. We have a team of 15 Engineers, and we’re not done growing yet! Our goal is to get our development process, infrastructure and engineering practices to the next level. How we are going to make this happen? We will start to utilise a number of various DevOps practices. And that’s where you come in!
We are looking for an engineer that can (help) make the change happen. You'll be working closely with our CTO and our product development teams. Your part in this process? You’ll be contributing to the platform that runs our flagship product called Job Marketing Platform (JMP). It’s a (big) data-driven application with a recommendation engine to serve multiple personas. The whole platform is build up by multiple services and our stack includes: PHP, Mysql, RabbitMQ, Mongo, Spark, Elasticsearch, Scala.What you’ll actually do
- Make fully functional environments available on demand for the development team
- Provide guidance and support on application architecture as we move to a container based architecture
- Ensure a smooth flow of work for all of our development teams
- Enable fast clear feedback for our development team (and the wider business) on application changes, by providing clear logging, metrics and supporting the team's automated testing infrastructure
- You will work autonomously to make our architectural and business goals a reality
What we need
This describes the ideal candidate, but above all we value people that have an appetite to excel, and the potential to succeed.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent relevant work experience
- Excellent communication skills in English
- You are able to work autonomously and support the goals of the development team with a good understanding of software development processes and agile methodology
- Experience working in application development, systems or IT operations
- Experience with Cloud and container technologies (e.g. AWS, docker, rocket)
- Great understanding Devops practices and why to use them (e.g. CI,CD, Infrastructure as code, automated testing)
- You can develop an array of tools using various programming languages (e.g. Golang, Python, PHP, Scala)
- Experience with at least some of our middleware and databases: NGINX, Elasticsearch, RabbitMQ, MySQL, Mongo
- Experience in contributing to the systems architecture of a company
Apart from that you are not afraid to get your hands dirty on older infrastructure, to maintain it and migrate it to the new environment. Working in an Agile development environment (Scrum/Kanban) is something you’ve done before. Last, you have a bunch of enthusiasm and you love to bring new ideas to the table and share your knowledge with the team!
- Experience with application development (e.g. PHP, Scala, Ruby, Golang)
- Experience with data engineering (e.g. spark, scala, databricks)
- Worked as part of a distributed (or international) team
What’s in it for you
First of all, you’ll be working with experienced colleagues with a strong vision on web development and software architecture, giving you a full intellectual challenge every day. Secondly you will be part of a vibrant and ambitious team of 12 different nationalities in a very casual environment. Thirdly, you'll have the opportunity to participate in meetups/conferences.
We often have a BBQ (and beers) on our terrace at the office and multicultural potluck lunches. Oh.. and you will have fun!
- Laptop of your preferences and two extra screens on your desk
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited holiday’s
- Good salary and additional incentives
- Commuting expenses compensation
- Time and budget for training
- Fixed term contract with an option for perm
- Plenty of whiteboards and sticky notes in our office!
Are you up for the challenge? Apply by clicking on the 'Apply' button. Still have questions left? Contact Sarah (Recruiter) -> sarahellithy(at)vonq.com.
This vacancy is a full time position.